Menu Close

The Boise River Greenbelt

The Boise River Greenbelt is a recreational trail and alternative transportation path that stretches along the Boise River in Boise, Idaho. More of a greenway than a green belt, it is a linear, urbanized corridor that has been a main attraction for the city and its citizens since its construction in the 1990s. The trail was constructed to encourage walking, biking, and running in the area.

Boise River Greenbelt

Visit The Boise River Greenbelt

The Greenbelt is a great place to run or walk in the city, as it provides a safe and scenic route to downtown. It also offers a brisk, beautiful location for running or walking, and blends in nicely with the surrounding scenery. Back in the 1960s, the Boise River shoreline was unkempt and covered with raw sewage. The area was an eyesore, but today it is a community treasure.

The first phase of the Greenbelt opened in 1999. The first paved portion was completed in conjunction with the opening of Shoreline Park. The city of Boise enlisted the help of Ada County to purchase the easements needed for the project. By the end of the 1990s, Boise owned 75% of the riverside land and was working on the remaining 25%. It was a long and painful process, but the result is worth it.

The Boise River Greenbelt is a natural and urban park that runs along the river. It is accessible from several locations in the city, including Kathryn Albertson Park, BSU, and the MK Nature Center. The best places to start exploring this park are the MK Nature Center, BSU, and the downtown area. The Boise River Greenbelt is an environmentally friendly, safe and accessible recreational area.

The Boise River Greenbelt has been a destination for locals and tourists alike for decades. It has a wealth of recreational activities and inspires volunteerism in the community. The boise River greenbelt is an attractive, safe place for walking, running, or biking. Despite its popularity, the Boise River Greenbelt still needs to be re-established to fully benefit Boise.

The Boise River Greenbelt is a popular recreational area in the city year-round. Families can bike to 10 parks along the river and enjoy the river and nearby wildlife during the quiet seasons. During the quiet season, the greenbelt provides a tranquil setting for outdoor recreation and fly fishing. It is an essential part of the city’s urban development plan and is an excellent location for outdoor recreation.

The Greenbelt is an important place for the community. It has helped the community become more attractive and more liveable. The boise River Greenbelt is the city’s biggest asset and it benefits the entire city. However, there are many challenges in maintaining and developing the park. The path has deteriorated and requires repair. In addition to a lack of maintenance, the boise River Greenbelt can be accessed by wheelchair.

Boise Idaho

Camels Back Park

About Us

Boise HVAC contractors for heating & air conditioning offer fast, reliable HVAC repair and installation service in Boise.

Our technicians have long experience of dealing with heating and cooling services and issues so they can save you time and money diagnosing problems and issues before they become a major concern for you.

© 2023 By Boise HVAC Pros

DISCLAIMER This site is designed to assist homeowners in connecting with local heating and cooling service contractors. All heating and cooling contractors are independent and this site does not warrant or guarantee any work performed. It is the responsibility of the homeowner to verify that the hired heating and cooling service contractor furnishes the necessary license and insurance required for the work being performed. All persons depicted in a photo or video may be actors or models and not contractors listed on this site.